Factors to Consider When Choosing a Conveyor Belt:
Various things come into consideration while choosing a conveyor belt for a project or system. The first key point to consider is the type of material used to construct the belt. Several key considerations are:
There's a lot that goes into selecting an appropriate conveyor belt for your system, but some of the most important considerations are the length and width of the belt. Taking care of the accurate dimensions for your belt is imperative to the best belt selection. The process of gathering dimensions enables your belting representative to rule out some belt constructions.
Listing the type of products being conveyed on the conveyor belt is a critical step in selecting the best belting option for your application. Significant details include the weight, size, and type of the products being conveyed.
- Weight: The weight of the product is one of the important considerations while selecting an appropriate belt because heavy materials can bend or wrap the belt. To keep the system running properly you will need to determine the weight of your product.
- Size: The size of the product should be the next consideration when you purchase a belt. Your product should fit comfortably on the belt surface. If not, it can get entangled in the conveying machine.
- Type: The type of conveyor belt you choose should be as per the product you need to transport. For example, if you are planning to transport metal products then you need something that withstands with sharp edges and filings.
- Decline or Incline Requirements: You need to consider the movement of the conveyor when you choose the best for your applications. If the belt moves in an upward or downward direction, there might be a chance that the product sitting on it would slip or shift. To avoid this, the belt should have a stopper that will keep your product in place.
- Environmental Conditions: Environmental conditions must be considered before you purchase a belt. It is important to understand the type of environment in which your conveyor will be placed. Some belts made of certain materials may not be able to withstand extreme hot or cold temperatures. Also, the material transported is important. For instance, if oil cans are transported, and by any chance, the oil spills onto the container, it may hamper the working.
Contact Screw Conveyor for expert advice and products.